Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July!

I decided to roll out this morning with the "Beach Ride"...headed over to New Smyrna Beach (about 65 miles). Some of them stay overnight and ride back home on Saturday...some meet up with family, enjoy the day at the beach and then hitch a ride home. In true 4th of July fashion there were red,white & blue jerseys and helmets decorated with flags. My plan was to ride about 1/2 way to the beach with the group and then head north around Lake Monroe for 85+ miles. Fortunately, my buddy Butch and a few of his team mates had the same idea. I'm not a big fan of riding solo in the backwoods of Florida.

I'm taking Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday off work next week...so I'll be able to ride 6 days in a row. My last big training week before Ridge of the Rockies!
















4th of July Ride Leader Cori sportin' some patriotic helmet decorations!














The group rolling over the St. Johns River. Today's route is obviously pretty flat!













This is Maytown Rd....it runs between Osteen and US1. This road would be really boring if you weren't with a group!














The roads along the north shore of Lake Monroe are really beautiful.

No comments: