Sunday, June 15, 2008

One more long weekend in the training log!!

OK, I'm the first to admit...this blog is getting boring! Each week's training is pretty standard fare...without much to "report" on.
With the Florida State Road Race going on up in Ocala this weekend, the turnout at the Saturday and Sunday rides was pretty small. The smaller turnout and the lack of "racers" gave the rest of us the opportunity to change things up a little. So, instead of doing the usual hammerfest out of Windermere on Sunday, we opted for the slightly longer and flatter Groveland (G-Land) Loop. With a good group, the "G-Land" ride is really a blast. It's super fast and steady. Everyone stops at the 7-11 (some for what seems like an eternity!). Today we had a group of about 7 head out for some extra miles in the hills. Down to 4 of us after the first set of hills and it stayed that way! It was another hot one, which I keep telling myself is good preparation for the last 5-6 days on Ridge of the Rockies when we get into Texas...in August! Got in 105 miles...which included a small detour to Chipotle for a burrito. I really don't eat much during these long rides. I have a big bowl of cereal and a couple egg whites or a hunk of turkey breast before the ride. Then a Gatorade, a banana and a Jocolat (organic fruit & nuts...tasty!) bar...so by the time I get close to home...IT"S TIME TO EAT!! Another thing I learned while training for last year's LA to Boston ride was how to nap! That's where I'm headed!

No comments: